Here’s what we knew was going to happen last night: Neal of Fortune was going to win. They’ve had this thing wrapped since Labor Day. But there were so many things we didn’t expect:
- Who knew Neal of Fortune would also BRING prizes? Not me. But Alex showed up with Film Festival tickets for everyone. Assuming you you wanted to check out a Danish film about eating bugs and what we, as a global community, are going to need to do to survive with 10b people on the planet.
- I think we all expected the Bard Spoon Rising to finish in second place. I’m pretty sure it’s a prophesy as old as time. Some speculate Odysseus’ boat was named Spoony Bards II. And in the deepest cavern at Lascaux, you will find scrawled on the wall “Lo, the Bards Who Spoon shall forever know the sadness and failure that is second place. Ps. Send nudes”. Oh, the stone age French are so naughty.
- If you’re like me you counted Clever Girl out after a couple last place finishes, but you can’t keep a good team down. These fools got their shit together posted up a few wins and earned 3rd place with 42 league points.
- Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs finished in fourth with 36 league points, and Teresahhh wasn’t even there to celebrate or criticize me.
- Crazy Fat Kids and SUM tied with 31 league points. I find it impressive that SUM basically put up that score in the three nights Hannah was able to attend. Equally impressive, Crazy Fat Kids aka Kitty Kitty Meow Meow aka Come Back Inn Trivia Tuesdays at 8pm never actually wrote down a correct answer, all of these points were earned from drink tickets.
- TWAT made it into double digits for league points, which is more anyone could have hoped for.
- I’m pretty sure Bitch Planet showed up last night just to put out the vibe. I assume this because at one point the entire team stepped outside to rip cigs in the middle of a category.
Then there was also all sorts of new blood in the joint.
- The Clementines, walked in late, eased into the scoring of points, then pulled out intellectual knives and cut some chumps by crushing Bamboo Harvester of Sorrow and Romeo and Juliet.
- Chicken Nuggets put in a good show, putting up 67 points by the end of the night.
- And Time Traveling Farts in Elevators, while technically not a new team, they played like they had never been asked a question before. They ended up with 49 points on the night.
A reminder for teams playing at Tracks and Glass Nickel, if you want to be part of the crowd-sourced show you need to get your questions to Nick or me by Monday-ish. And to the players, you’ve got a league final next week. Please be ready.